Sunday, March 9, 2008

STOP

Ok, I think today I hit bottom. I've known for a couple of days that I'm getting really worn out. With Greg travelling so much and with him being sick the last few days, I've had to take up the slack. Gabe was up last night for 2 hours. The night before, I got to bed at 2:00 am after going to the ER and got up at 6:45 with Gabe. So, today... I was freakin beat. When Gabe took his morning nap, I took a nap too. Then, this afternoon, I watched several hours of, get this, Rock of Love 2 with Bret Michaels of the famous band, Poison. Ok. Seriously. How worn out, tired, bored, and pathetic do you have to be to watch more than 5 minutes of that show?? I found myself getting into it, thinking, "No, don't get rid of Inna, your Ukrainian Love Tank"! Really?? I'm pathetic.

I think sometimes though, you need a stupid (and I mean, stupid), trashy, unrealistic reality show, or trashy romance novel, or something just to let your mind and body relax. I think that's why shows like that exist! Who would really add that to their Tivo list? I actually make it a point of not watching reality shows, because I don't want to get hooked on them. I think they're ridiculous. The shows are so obviously staged and some of those people that stay on and aren't "voted off" or "given a rose" or "given a backstage pass to stay in the house and continue to rock Bret Michael's world"are so obviously kept on for wow factor. In the episodes I saw today, Bret took his dates to a burlesque club, a lingerie shop, a 50's pin-up photo shoot, oh, and one girl actually cooked for him on the date she won.

Bret, I don't care if every rose HAD it's thorn (Had as in your glory days are way over!), you could not pay me enough money to play mud football, build you a chopper, clean your chopper in a bikini (if I was thin enough to wear one), or parade around you with fake boobs, lips, and eyelashes. IF I was thin enough.

But, as much as I think the show stinks, it did serve it's purpose for me today... I got to relax, take my mind off stuff, and veg out. Thank you Bret Michaels! You rocked my world.

0 comments: