Friday, March 7, 2008

About Me


I am Greg's wife and Gabe's Mom, Bri. I have another blog, Gabe's Mom, in which I talk about my life as Gabe's Mommy. I thought since I'm enjoying this blog thing so much, that I'd have a blog dedicated to me! To my everyday life - as a mother, as a wife, a scrapbooker, photographer, etc... (things I may not always want to put on Gabe's blog - a "Debbie Downer" day or a day where I just need to vent!) So, here it is!
Thought I'd start out by providing a few things I love vs. a few things I really, really don't like:
LOVE:
  • Family time - with my guys, my immediate family, & my in laws
  • Reading - this is very relaxing for me - mostly books by Jodi Picoult, Barbara Delinsky, Nicholas Sparks, etc...
  • Music - have to have it in the car - I'm old school. I don't buy music off of iTunes. There's something about having the CD case.
  • People who love their kids and can say 'No' when they need to
  • Hymns with altered arrangements
  • Longaberger baskets - I know... pyramid company, but there's nothing like a new Longaberger basket smell, the wonderful liners, the new Wishlists that arrive in the mail...
  • The sandwich maker. Awesome.
  • Infomercials - only for kitchen appliances and scrapbooking stuff.
  • My Cricut machine.
  • The smell of a baby right after a bath and pj's.
  • The sound of Gabe's laugh.
  • The smell of Greg's colognes (Obsession, Dolce & Gabbana, & Drakar Noir)
  • Planning - parties, showers, get togethers, meals, etc...
  • Lists (hence the bullet list here)
  • Ikea, Bed Bath & Beyond, Target, Archivers, Hobby Lobby

HATE (or Strongly Dislike, I'm not really a hater):

  • Uptalkers - C'mon. Seriously. Does everything need to be a question?
  • Closetalkers - I need my freakin' space.
  • Getting a phone call to let me know that you have just sent me an email.
  • Unflushed toilets
  • Lights left on
  • Washing bottles - Ugh
  • Sci-Fi/Fantasy Stuff - Sorry, it bores me.
  • Clothes shopping
  • Sunburns
  • Beets, squash, & pears

Random Things:

  • I love to sing
  • I have one tattoo
  • I went to school to study audiology, but now work in accounting
  • I am the oldest of 4 kids
  • I love the shows House, Grey's Anatomy, Designed to Sell, 20/20, & Dateline
  • I have an obsession with changing my blog design

Well, that's all you get for one day. Wanted to give you a glimpse of me before I started talking about my day to day issues! Happy Friday!

0 comments: