Monday, March 10, 2008

Night Owl Scrapper

The last 2 nights, I've been able to stay up to scrap after Gabe's gone to bed. Even though my scrapbooking area is right outside his bedroom door, I've been able to at least get one spread done each night without disturbing him. That's even with running the Cricut machine. By the way... if there are any scrappers out there reading this, you NEED a Cricut machine. I don't care if it puts you into credit card debt. You will use the heck out of the thing. I know I do. I use it on every single page. I have the Cricut Expression which allows you to use 12x12 paper. Love it.
I am now on month 8 of Gabe's scrapbooks - on my third album. That means, for his first year alone, I'll have 3-4 albums. I know that sounds crazy. But, this is my first child, I've waited a long time for this wonderful little boy, and scrapping is my thing. (Although, recently blogging has become my thing!) I only hope if we have a second child I'm able to do the same. I also hope I'm able to take as many pictures! Sometimes I feel sorry for Gabe's future wife... she's going to be housing a lot of photos some day!
Some of my closest girlfriends and I are planning a weekend getaway for June. This weekend is filled with shopping, scrapping, and hanging out. I am so excited about it. I'm organizing the whole thing. My plan is to scrap most of the time. I want to do a little shopping, but my main goal is to get up to date on Gabe's albums so I can scrap a little every other night or so as he goes to bed. So far, it's working out to do one spread and then I have a little time to blog and a little time to spend with Greg. It'd be really nice to be caught up, but this night owl may be dreaming.
This blog is probably really boring to any male readers out there, but I know my sister scrappers are right there with me... they know what I'm talking about!

4 comments:

kimberly said...

I wanna know more about this Cricut thing. What exactly can you do with it? I don't really scrapbook anymore but I still work with paper so much that it intrigues me!

Bri said...

Oh, it's so awesome. It basically diecuts letters and shapes. If you'd like to come over and see mine, you're more than welcome to. I wasn't that nuts about them until I saw it in action. I use it on every layout.

Dr. Harland said...

These layouts are awesome. We need to get together to look at each other's albums! Love your blog! I want to know where you get the scrapping looking wallpaper for your heading! Do tell!

Bri said...

The heading was made in photoshop... I used clipart from Microsoft Word (I had to go in, try to search for one of Word's cliparts, and then "searched for more online") The options are limitless! I would be glad to show you sometime how I did it. Glad you like the blog... I just wanted a place for me! Yes, after the Herrman Household is quarantined for awhile, we need to get together!