Saturday, March 8, 2008

Hello, My Name is Ima

As in Ima big fat jerk.

Greg had a cold last week and he woke up this morning feeling really really crappy. A co-worker suggested he go to the doctor today. When he told me he was going, I bawked at the idea and basically told him "Seriously? It's just a cold!". I really didn't want him to be sick. Things have been pretty overwhelming for me with him travelling on business a lot this year. So, I was really looking forward to some scrapping time this weekend - an hour or two here and there just for a little break, a little free time - before he leaves again Monday.

The doctor diagnosed him with influenza. Still it wasn't THAT serious to me. I mean, the flu. Suck it up. It can't be that bad. So, after Gabe went to bed tonight, I went upstairs and scrapped for about an hour and a half. When I came downstairs to tell Greg goodnight and to apologize by seeing if he was doing ok and if he needed anything, we found that he had a temperature of 105.4! Cue Ima...

So, I called my sister, the nurse, and she said to get him to the ER right away. So I'm freaking out. I'm thinking, "oh my gosh, my poor husband, and it's all my freaking fault!" I was crying and apologizing and crying some more. We called Tami and she stayed at our house (she's the best - she cleaned, she did dishes, she moved my hamper... teehehhe!!! I love ya Tamila!) Turns out, Greg does have influenza and there's not much the doctor could suggest to do for it. He did say it sounds like I have some of the symptoms though (backache, headache, etc...). I guess I probably deserve it.

Ugh. Next time Greg gets sick, I think I'll listen to him. I think this was one of those lessons... the ones that really suck and make you feel like crap, but ultimately, they change the way you think forever! I love you honey... can I make you some chicken noodle soup?

1 comments:

lilmoxey said...

This reminded me of the time my hubby told me that he didn't feel good and we ended up at the ER. We were at a wedding reception and he wasn't feeling well. I took him home and I went back to the reception. I called him later and he said that he was really sick and he thought it was his appendix. Right away I told him that he just thought that because his twin just had his out a few months before. I think I told him something like, "Just because you are twins doesn't mean that your appendix is going to burst." When I got home he was white as a sheet and throwing up. I then called my mom to see what she thought. My dad was yelling in the background that "he could die if it bursts." Boy did I feel horrible when he had surgery early the next morning to remove that darn appendix...