Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Ima

Universal Friend.

One of my best friends' daughters described me the other day as a universal friend. I was kinda taken aback. I asked her what she meant and she said, "Ya know, you're like friends with my mom and like friends with me, and that's cool!". I took that as a great compliment. That's what I want to be. A universal friend. I did a search on universal on thesaurus.com. Here's some of the synonyms for universal:

  • accepted
  • boundless
  • constant
  • cosmopolitan (yummy!)
  • undisputed
  • unexcluding
  • unlimited

See why I took it as a compliment? Getting a compliment like this one, sure made me feel like I was doing my best to be a good friend. Because I do strive for that. I know I fall short a lot. I know I mess up. But, I am trying to be a better friend. One that can be relied on. One that can be trusted. One that even loves my friends' faults. I'm working on it, and a comment like this one makes me feel like I'm accomplishing that.

Speaking of friends, this weekend we are heading to my other best friends' family cottage. I am so excited about it. We will be sharing the cottage with 5 other couples and 3 children between the ages of 8 months to 17 months. It'll be interesting to take Gabe there this time... It'll be hard to keep an eye on him and Caleb now that they're both walking, but it'll also be fun to take him out on the boat for a ride around the lake. I'll post pics when we get back. Have a great weekend!

0 comments: