Saturday, June 28, 2008

Girls Night Out

Last night was a lot of fun. I went with my sister in law, Missy, and my neice, Katie, to paint pottery. First of all, those two are pro pottery painters! They knew all the tricks of the trade. I didn't know there was a little pick-thingy you could use to scrap small amounts of paint off if you messed up! Sweet! Secondly, they're just awesome to hang out with. I had fun just chilling out with them.
There's just so much to choose from. I wanted to make everything. Here's what we ended up making:


  • Greg's Wife: Crayon Bowl - read the story behind it here. And, the Gabe's Mom sign - too fun!
  • Katie: The Apple plate - isn't she creative?
  • Missy: The adorable chess nameplate for Julia, a soccer nameplate for Katie (not shown) and a small garden stone.

(Needless to say, Missy was a little faster than me & Kate!)

I love these two girls - we had a lot of fun. I can't wait to go back... I already know what I want to make!! You'll have to wait a week though to see the finished products!!

0 comments: