Saturday, April 26, 2008

No Words.


I mentioned before, Todd & Angie Smith and their family: http://audreycaroline.blogspot.com/


Please continue to keep them lifted in prayer. They lost their daughter Audrey Caroline. They have added a song and video to their blog as a memorial to their daughter. There are no words I can express - I had to turn the sound off because I couldn't make it through the song, but I did watch the heartfelt, beautiful video.


God is still God. God cares for our lost children more than we ever could, which is unimaginable. I can't imagine anyone loving Gabe or the daughter we lost more than I do. More than Greg does. But God does. As human beings we just can't wrap our minds around that. I can't anyway. But, God is still God. He is the same now and forever. Even when bad things happen, and we ache with despair and don't know how we can go on, He is the same. He doesn't change when things get bad. What a comfort. What a tremendous help with the burden.


I learned this by reading Angie's blog. When they found out they'd lose their daughter, Angie continued to repeat, "He is still the same". What a testimony to her faith. I think a lot of times when life is hard, really hard, it's easy for us to feel abandoned - like God just isn't there. But how comforting to know that He doesn't change. His love for us is perfect and unconditional all of the time.


This blog/message really touched me today. Please keep the Smiths lifted up to our God who was and is, and is to come.

2 comments:

lilmoxey said...

Bri-I just wanted to thank you for sharing the link to Angie's blog. I have found comfort in it.

Bri said...

Jess,
I'm glad you have visited her site. It has been a comfort to me as well.