Sunday, November 2, 2008

Thoughts on Photographing my 1st Wedding:


  • Thankful I wore comfortable shoes.
  • I was tired... dog tired when we got home.
  • SO thankful to have a second shooter.
  • I need a new camera - that will hold an SD card.
  • 2 CF cards were not near enough.
  • It stinks trying to delete pictures just to make more room.
  • Be QUICK
  • Be flexible - never know what's going to happen!
  • Don't panic when all of the curtains are shut (when you were told they'd be open)
  • Be glad it was a beautiful day!
  • Eat at the reception
  • BRING WATER
  • Take as many photos as you can
  • Don't panic.

Overall, it went very well. Between me & Grant, we got all of the shots we wanted. I don't know how/if people shoot weddings by themselves. I'm working on the processing now and I'm finding that a lot of mine are grainy. One of the problems was the lighting during the ceremony. The closest thing I can think of, is it reminded me of the lighting in a gymnasium... yeah really difficult! However, we did get a lot of good shots and I'm already having fun processing them.

Oh, yeah, I was asked to do another wedding! Um, I'll be thinking about that... It's a lot of work, but it is GREAT experience.

0 comments: